Automotive City is the number one choice in auto repair here in Grass Valley CA. The business was started in 1967 in San Francisco and purchased by Ken Cook in 2005. We have 4 full-time auto repair mechanics on staff and the lead mechanic is an ASE Master Mechanic and Licensed Smog Technician. Automotive City is a AAA Approved auto repair facility and an accredited member of Better Business Bureau with an A+ Rating since 1998.
Prior to purchasing Automotive City, Ken designed Automotive Test equipment at Hewlett-Packard’s Test and Measurement division in Sunnyvale, CA. Ken’s electronic test and design background gives the business an edge when it comes to today’s cars – integrated electronics and sophisticated controls. Ken operates his business based upon the standards of business conduct that he learned from his 21 years of working at Hewlett-Packard: Honesty - Integrity – Trust – Respect
What makes us different?
Your car is something you simply can't function without and when your vehicle stops working as it should, you need a dependable auto repair shop to get to the bottom of the problem as quickly as possible. In Grass Valley, the auto repair shop to trust is Automotive City. Whether your car is in need of a minor fix or an extensive overhaul, we'll give your vehicle our full attention until it's running the way it should be with the latest in Technology for servicing, diagnosing, and repairing your vehicle. We also have the latest diagnostic equipment to ensure we do it right.
- New Snap-On wireless diagnostic scope. Laptops with the latest Repair information, Schematics, and Technical Service Bulletins/Recall information to best advise customers.
- Powertrain Control Module Programming equipment (i.e. Flashing)
- New Pro-Cut PFM 9.2 On-The-Car Brake lathe – Rotor Matching System - to ensure smooth brake operation that meets the requirements of today’s tighter tolerances in brake systems.
- New Camera-Based Alignment equipment.
- Automotive City’s Mechanics are regularly sent to training classes to keep up with the latest changes in technology.
- Affordable auto repair services using highest quality parts available
- Accurate estimates and turnarounds
- Personal experience - we know our customer's on a first name basis
- Comprehensive repairs - we want you and your family to be safe
- Convenient appointments and hassle-free scheduling
- Customer Services - We are always available to answer questions regarding new car purchases. Check out abnormal noises. We always offer free brake inspections. Free fault code retrieval - when that check engine light comes on. One-on-One discussions with the our automotive mechanics.
Read What Our Customers Are Saying About Us
“Ken Cook and his staff have always provided me fair prices and courteous service. It started with a Saturday service need when no one else would look at my car until Monday 4 years ago. Whenever I have needed automotive service Ken has been a resource I can depend upon.” - Mike H. Grass Valley, CA
“Recently, I took my Lexus in for the 30,000 mile service. Ken took great care of the car and carefully went over every item required for this service. His attention to detail is much appreciated. The car was ready on time and I have nothing but accolades for him and his crew." - Victor B. – Chicago Park
“Recommended by a friend several years ago, we depend on Ken and his crew to take good care of our vehicles! They have done an outstanding job, even to the point of working us in when we had to make an emergency trip out of town. Many Kudos to Automotive City, in Grass Valley CA.” - Myrna W. – Nevada City
“I have had an F150 and a Toyota Sienna serviced and repaired at Automotive City for the past 5 plus years by Ken and his staff. The work was explained, documented, and performed in a very professional manner. When my daughter visiting from out of the area had her transmission blow up, Ken expedited getting and installing a rebuilt one. When this transmission failed 10 months later when she was back home in Fresno, Ken was very helpful in making sure that the warranty was honored. I highly recommend Automotive City for auto repairs in Grass Valley.” - Curtis M, Nevada City
We want your experience with us to be a positive one, and our courteous, knowledgeable mechanics will stop at nothing to get you back out on the road as quickly as possible. So the next time you find yourself in need of an auto repair shop, turn to the team at Automotive City. - Ken Cook, Owner
ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS
Know the advantages of trusting only ASE Certified automotive technicians.
FIND OUT MORE
TRUSTED BRANDS & PROGRAMS:
JASPER ENGINES AND TRANSMISSIONS INSTALLER We proudly recommend Jasper who has been the industry leader since 1942 for our vehicle engine, transmission & differential repairs. Why JASPER?
1. PROVEN, Live run, computer assisted testing ensures trouble free performance and peace of mind for our automotive customers who depend on us.
2. QUALITY, Re-manufacturing industry leader since 1942.
3. TESTED, Live run dynamometer testing to simulate in-the-vehicle operation.
4. WARRANTY, Jasper Engines and Transmissions has a 36 months/100,000 miles nationwide transferable warranty - parts and labor up to, and including 1 ton chassis.
NAPA CarCare Center NAPA CarCare & TruckCare Center providing customers with a 24 Months | 24,000 Nationwide Peace of Mind Warranty.
ACDELCO Quality parts for more than 100 years.
MOTORCRAFT Genuine Ford Lincoln and Mercury vehicle replacement parts.
WE CARRY TIRES We check your T.I.R.E Safety on every visit and offer replacement tires
FLEET SERVICE PROGRAM Our Fleet business customers get the highest priority to keep them on the road.